DB2 10.5 with BLU Acceleration Certifies for SAP BW
December 2013, SAP Note 1825340
On December 3, 2013, SAP released officially announced support for using DB2 with BLU Acceleration with SAP NetWeaver BW. This announcement follows the September, 2013 certification by SAP of DB2 10.5 for use across all SAP applications.
Clients can now use DB2 10.5 with BLU Acceleration for their entire SAP application portfolio, including:
- Use of BLU Acceleration technology in SAP BW environments
- DB2 Near-Line Storage implementations for SAP NetWeaver BW
By using DB2 and BLU Acceleration with SAP NetWeaver BW, clients gain the same speed, simplicity and agility that BLU Acceleration clients are already seeing in other non-SAP data warehouses and data marts without investments in new hardware appliance technology. This provides the performance amplification that businesses need and continues to leverage existing hardware investments to support the SAP infrastructure.
If you are an existing DB2 with SAP customer (or if you have DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition licenses), you can start using BLU Acceleration by simply upgrading to DB2 10.5. If you have purchased DB2 support you can upgrade to DB2 10.5 at no additional charge.
- SAP Note 1555903 – DB6: Supported DB2 Database Features on SAP Note page (login required)
- SAP Note 101809 – DB6: Supported Versions and Fix Pack Levels 101809 – DB6: Supported Versions and Fix Pack Levels
- SAP Note 1825340 – DB6: Use of BLU Acceleration with BW, December 3, 2013 on SAP Note page (login required)
- Blog: SAP supports BLU Acceleration for In-memory Columnar Analytics on SAP BW by Chris Eaton
- Additional information on DB2 BLU Acceleration support is available in these SAP Notes:
- 1819734: DB6: Use of BLU Acceleration
- 1889656: DB6: Mandatory SAP NW BW corrections for BLU Acceleration
- 1834310: DB6: Use of DB2 BLU Acceleration with DB2 Near-Line Storage
- 1555903: DB6: Supported DB2 Database Features
- 1851853: DB6: Using DB2 10.5 with SAP Applications
- 1260217: DB6: Software components contained in DB2 license from SAP
- Web page: DB2 – SAP Alliance